ANNUAL WELLNESS FESTIVAL
Monday, April 15, 2013
10:00 am—4:30 pm
CUNY Graduate Center
Events/services include: (*, ** see below for more info)
- acupuncture · nutrition & “eating on the go”
- vision screenings · chiropractic care and ergonomic solutions
- rapid HIV testing · HPV/cervical cancer information
- free yoga classes* · breast and testicular self-exam information
- massage therapy** · blood pressure testing
- dental health · cholesterol and diabetes testing
- cancer prevention · mental health screenings and information
- hearing tests · smoking cessation information
- information on navigating health insurance (i.e. NYSHIP, Family/Child Health Plus)
- … and more!!!
Services are FREE** and open to all students, faculty, and staff!!
(see attached description for details regarding certain services)
*Yoga/Meditation: Two free yoga classes and guided mediation generously provided by the Urban Yoga Foundation (www.urbanyogafoundation.org):
- yoga classes: 45 minutes each at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm
- guided meditation: 20 minute session at 12:15 pm
(Limited number of yoga mats will be available, but if you can conveniently bring your own, please do.)
Pre-registration is required for these classes with attendance capped at 15 for yoga classes and 25 for meditation. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to register (indicating your name, email, which class, and if you are bringing a mat).
**Unlike last year, massage therapy (sponsored by DSC Health & Wellness) will have scheduled slots throughout the day, which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis—from 10:00am for the morning slots and from 1:00pm for the afternoon slots. The sign-up sheets (for specific times) will be available at the massage therapy station in Room C198. A valid GC ID is required. Appointments available for staff and faculty will be limited, and will cost $10. Student appointments are free. Many thanks to the DSC for providing funding to have this service available!!
The Wellness Center, the Doctoral Student Council,
and Whole Foods-Union Square
For more information, contact the:
Student Health Services
365 Fifth Ave, Room 6422