As part of its effort to encourage student research, the Advanced Research Collaborative (ARC) will be offering a limited number of Research Praxis Awards for the coming academic year 2013-2014. The Awards are valued at $4,000 each for one semester and are for Level II students.
· 400 word Research Proposal
· Curriculum Vitae
· Unofficial Student Transcript
· Approval of Advisor and Executive Officer
Applications from qualifying students in all fields are welcome, but since Distinguished Visiting Fellows will be working principally on the research themes listed below, students working in those areas may find the opportunity especially valuable. Students who accept this award will work with ARC Distinguished Visiting Fellows from within and without the CUNY system and will be required to attend three (3) research praxis seminars during the semester. The research themes of the Distinguished Fellowship Program for 2013-2014 are:
In addition to attending the three sessions above, Awardees will be required to do the following:
· Post three 400 word blogs on the ARC student research website sharing their research interests and activities with other graduate center students
· Submit a formal research proposal to a grant agency requesting support for their research project
Deadline for applying is Friday, April 19, 2013. Students will be notified of the selection committee’s decision by Friday, May 10, 2013.
Nominations for this award should be sent to ARC at: firstname.lastname@example.org An application form is attached. Please let us know if you have any questions.